SAP Solution Manager can collect and monitor exceptions that occur in the cloud service for the majority of cloud services. However, in order to fully monitor a cloud service scenario, the integration between the cloud service and the on-premise backend system must also be monitored. This integration consists of various point-to-point interfaces of various, typically more traditional types.
The majority of public cloud service offerings are Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions. Customers have access to the service but not to the underlying infrastructure. As a result, the standard method for connecting on-premise managed systems to SAP concur Malaysia SAP Solution Manager does not apply to cloud services. To monitor exceptions and performance in cloud services, however, they must be linked to SAP Solution Manager. This connection is established by utilising the customer and cloud service-specific root URLs and an end-point definition.
To monitor this scenario, the following technical requirements must be met:
- To collect single exceptions in the Concur Integration add-in, SAP Solution Manager 7.2 SP03 is required.
- To monitor single exceptions related to the Concur Integration in Interface and Connection Monitoring, SAP Solution Manager 7.2 SP08 is required.
- SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SP12 is required to create alerts via HTTP Monitoring for HTTP RFC destinations.
Available Monitoring Content
Currently, SAP Solution Manager’s public cloud operations cover the following Concur exceptions:
- The ABAP backend integration add-on detected business-critical problems.
- The Concur Integration Add-in additionally keeps track of all customer-relevant exceptions that occur within the Concur cloud service itself.
- The direct monitoring of exceptions within the Concur cloud service is therefore not currently anticipated.
- Using SAP Solution Manager’s Exception Management, the SAP Concur exceptions are gathered.
- They can be utilised again for monitoring in Interface and Connection Monitoring after being gathered in Exception Management.
Step 1: Configure Exception Management
Single exceptions are recorded as error messages in the ABAP Application Log by the Concur Integration add-on. The Concur Network Integration’s log store can be used to collect these application log entries. The foundation for the data collection for Integration Monitoring is the exceptions gathered by Exception Management and kept in the central exception store.
Step 2: Configure Interface and Connection Monitoring
Configuring Interface and Connection Monitoring is the final step.
Please go to SAP Solution Manager Configuration (SOLMAN SETUP) Application Operations Integration Monitoring Interface and Connections to access the Integration Monitoring setup.
Cloud-based monitoring template (Concur)
Go to the step labelled “Define Scope.” For the SAP Concur monitoring, you can either create a new scenario or use an existing one. A check should be made to see if the on-premises system for the SAP Concur scenario is included in the Interface and Connection Monitoring scenario. For more information, click here.